: Health Tip: Rid Your Bedroom of Allergens
Posted July 7, 2017
(HealthDay News) -- Sneezing and sniffling triggered by allergies can prevent a good night's sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests how to rid your bedroom of allergens:
- If you're allergic to pets, keep them out of the bedroom. Bathe pets weekly.
- Cover your mattress and pillows in dust mite covers, and wash sheets regularly in hot water. Opt for blankets made of synthetic materials, not wool.
- Limit mold by keeping windows open in the bathroom. Fix leaks and clean up water promptly. If you do have a moldy area, hire a professional to clean it.
- Skip candles, scented laundry detergent, air fresheners and other heavy fragrances in your bedroom.
- Clean furnace, air conditioner and vacuum filters regularly.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.