: Health Tip: Why Is My Nose Bleeding?
Posted May 26, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- Nosebleeds can be frightening and uncomfortable, but are rarely serious.
The Cleveland Clinic says possible nosebleed triggers include:
- Warm or hot, non-humid air that dries membranes inside the nasal passages.
- Sinusitis, a cold or allergy that triggers lots of sneezing and blowing of the nose.
- A facial injury.
- Sticking a foreign object in the nose, or picking the nose.
- High blood pressure, or taking a medication that thins the blood.
- Exposure to an irritating chemical.
- A deviated septum.
- Surgery involving the nose or face.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.